School Values and Ethos
WHAT SORT OF SCHOOL DO WE WANT AT THE LINKS PRIMARY?
Our School Community
We want a school
- which values and respects the uniqueness and individuality of each child and adult involved here; where all people are supported, encouraged and affirmed to develop self-esteem and their full potential
- which provides a welcoming, happy, non-threatening, secure atmosphere where risks can be taken and mistakes made without fear of failure or rejection
- where all the participants (children, staff, other adults) “belong” to, and are involved in, a community where strengths can be shared and developed and where needs can be met
- where appropriate and acceptable behaviour is modelled, encouraged and expected as a mark of respect for ourselves and each other
- which shows consideration, respect and care in our relationships and interactions, even when we may differ in background, experience, ability, age and beliefs
- where mutual partnerships directly or indirectly benefit the children, where staff and parents listen to, value and acknowledge each other’s’ contributions, role, experience and expertise
- where the staff’s individual and collective contribution and commitment are acknowledged and valued by each other, their opinions heard through clear open channels of communication
- where adults are willing to be responsive to the changes and challenges which will be ever present at The Links Primary
- where there is strong leadership which firmly holds a clear vision for the school
- where we all want to be.
Education we offer our children
We want to offer
- a rich and varied curriculum that will encourage self-confidence and independence of learning, meeting the holistic needs of each child
- a quality curriculum which is planned and differentiated for each individual and which also fulfils the legal requirements of the National Curriculum
- an environment which fosters success and achievement, where high expectations lead to high standards, encouraging everyone to reach their full potential
- an equality of opportunity and access where we hope to inspire everyone to accept new challenges without fear of failure or criticism, thereby responding to the
- Needs and interest of the individual.